Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. When mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Some molds also produce mycotoiins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. While there are some occasions when mold can be helpful, like in giving a cheese a distinctive taste and look, or as a basis for a vaccine to relieve allergy symptoms, or cure an illness, mold in your home or commercial building is a health hazard.
These health issues can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death.
These sick symptoms and allergic reactions could be:
- itchy eyes
- a chronic cough
- headaches or migraines
- difficulty breathing
- sinus problems
- nasal blockage
Causes of Mold
There can be a few causes of this mold and it is normally down to dampness from somewhere. If you have had a leaky faucet that you have not fixed and it’s been dripping for sometime then it has probably leaked in to your wall or under the kick board. All that water and damp will eventually turn moldy and it will spread, to the point where it will ruin anything and everything in those dark enclosed spaces. We will need to come in and inspect the area and decided on the best treatment needed to remedy the problem. It normally does not take us long to determine the extent of the damage and we will use the most up to date tools to get it done while minimizing the disruption to you and your family.
Ways To Find Mold
Believe it or not there are also other types of mold that you have to look out for, you will normally smell mold or even see it. If you have that nasty damp smell happening in any part of your home then there is a good chance that you have mold growing. You will normally know mold is around by generally feeling asthma symptoms and itchy sore eyes and in some cases forgetfulness. It really does affect your health and this is something that can be fixed very easily by a professional outfit like us.
If a water damage left unattended for any period of time, may lead to mold growth. It is important to have your water damages cleaned promptly and professionally. The most important is to reduce moisture levels that can facilitate mold growth. Removal of affected materials after the source of moisture has been reduced and/or eliminated may be necessary for remediation. We work with high tech machines such as these:
Please do NOT hesitate to call our emergency number so we can create a healthy environment for you & your family!